Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot an averaged quantity over the domain in frequency domain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am modelling a surface acoustic wave device in frequency domain. My solution so far makes sense as I get a travelling wave on the surface. However, I would like to plot the displacement as the wave travels over the domain. I would like to plot the displacement such that it is constant throughout the surface instead of being a sine or consine wave if that makes sense.

Thanks Alp

1 Reply Last Post 22 ott 2017, 13:46 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 22 ott 2017, 13:46 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 22 ott 2017, 13:47 GMT-4

I work more in RF than acoustics, but for a frequency domain problem, it seems the approach would be similar. You should certainly be able to plot the magnitude of the displacement. You can get its rms value by dividing the magnitude by sqrt(2). I.e., whatever the variable name is for the displacement, consider plotting abs(put your variable name here)/sqrt(2).

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I work more in RF than acoustics, but for a frequency domain problem, it seems the approach would be similar. You should certainly be able to plot the magnitude of the displacement. You can get its rms value by dividing the magnitude by sqrt(2). I.e., whatever the variable name is for the displacement, consider plotting abs(put your variable name here)/sqrt(2).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.