Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Specifying an application mode to a specific subdomain and multiphysics coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys:

Does anyone know how to specify an application mode to a specific subdomain, while assembling another multiphysics coupled application mode to another subdomain and computation results are exchanged between the different subdomains by different application modes?

Or is the above task possible in COMSOL 3.5a?

Thanks,

Peng

3 Replies Last Post 6 nov 2009, 14:48 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 nov 2009, 17:57 GMT-5
You can set subdomain to be not active in each mode.
You can set subdomain to be not active in each mode.

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 nov 2009, 18:07 GMT-5
Thanks! And if I want to use values from the previous mode and subdomain as input for the next subdomain with another mode, how can I make the coupling?
Thanks! And if I want to use values from the previous mode and subdomain as input for the next subdomain with another mode, how can I make the coupling?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 nov 2009, 14:48 GMT-5
Hi

I would start by reading through the documentation about the coupling variables, and then test some of the related models.
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would start by reading through the documentation about the coupling variables, and then test some of the related models. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.