Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Total current through a solid submicron-size hourglass

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to calculate current through an solid hourglass shaped conducting material.
I set top side as 0.1V and bottom side as ground.
The largest diameter is about 0.5 micrometer and the smallest diameter is about 0.1 micrometer.
The hourglass was made by conductive media dc model.
I thought that I would get total current through the hour glass if I set conductivity of the material.
However, I got zero even when I put "normJs_dc" in the expression of the postprocessing's boundary integration.
Is there anyone to help me to calculate a total current though the hourglass?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2 nov 2009, 00:34 CET
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Changbae Hyun

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.