Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Weak form PDE edge??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I was wondering how I can transform the following equation to the weak form.
I have attached a DOC file with equation in it. I tried to change it to the weak form but I had no success.
Can someone please help me? All the help is well appreciated!!
Thank you so much!!

Matthew

3 Replies Last Post 26 ott 2009, 11:41 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 ott 2009, 11:33 GMT-4
Hi Matthew,
I think you should explain better your problem.
Some questions:

1) It is something related to the thermal field?
2) What is the physical meaning of the various terms of your equation?
3) What do you would like to model?
4) Is your problem axi-symmetric?

Please give some of the details above. If not, I think it is impossible to help you...

Hi.

Alessandro

Hi Matthew, I think you should explain better your problem. Some questions: 1) It is something related to the thermal field? 2) What is the physical meaning of the various terms of your equation? 3) What do you would like to model? 4) Is your problem axi-symmetric? Please give some of the details above. If not, I think it is impossible to help you... Hi. Alessandro

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 ott 2009, 11:33 GMT-4
Hi Matthew,
I think you should explain better your problem.
Some questions:

1) It is something related to the thermal field?
2) What is the physical meaning of the various terms of your equation?
3) What do you would like to model?
4) Is your problem axi-symmetric?

Please give some of the details above. If not, I think it is impossible to help you...

Hi.

Alessandro

Hi Matthew, I think you should explain better your problem. Some questions: 1) It is something related to the thermal field? 2) What is the physical meaning of the various terms of your equation? 3) What do you would like to model? 4) Is your problem axi-symmetric? Please give some of the details above. If not, I think it is impossible to help you... Hi. Alessandro

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 ott 2009, 11:41 GMT-4
Hello Alessandro,

1) I am trying to model an adiabatic model. I found this equation from literature and trying to implement it using a weak form.

2) omega = rotational speed, rho = density of fluid, Cp = specific heat, h = film thickness, u = viscosity of fluid, r = radius of bearing, P = pressure, T = temperature

3) Using this adiabatic equation, I want to take a look at the temperature variation of the bearing.

4) Yes it is axi-symmetric.

I am sorry about not providing enough info. I tried to implement this equation using PDE Edge weak form but it seems like there are no temperature variation.

Thanks,
Matthew
Hello Alessandro, 1) I am trying to model an adiabatic model. I found this equation from literature and trying to implement it using a weak form. 2) omega = rotational speed, rho = density of fluid, Cp = specific heat, h = film thickness, u = viscosity of fluid, r = radius of bearing, P = pressure, T = temperature 3) Using this adiabatic equation, I want to take a look at the temperature variation of the bearing. 4) Yes it is axi-symmetric. I am sorry about not providing enough info. I tried to implement this equation using PDE Edge weak form but it seems like there are no temperature variation. Thanks, Matthew

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.