Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

OMP abort error COMSOL with MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,

I have recently installed COMSOL 3.5a on my university workstation which is a 64 bit machine running centOS 5.4. I am working on optimization problems involving 2 to 200 variables-so I have to use MATLAB in conjunction with COMSOL. I have MATLAB 2009b installed on this machine. Independently, both COMSOL and MATLAB boot without problems. However, when I try to run them together from the command line, the GUIs for both open and then immediately exit giving the following error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OMP abort: Initializing libguide.so, but found libiomp5.so already initialized.
This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues.
Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore
this problem and force the program to continue anyway.
Please note that the use of KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK is unsupported
and using it may cause undefined behavior.
For more information, please contact Intel(R) Premier Support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know if anybody else faced this problem, and if so, how did you get around it. I am trying to set the environmental variable option, without much success till now. I looked up Intel's software website where they report a similar problem (software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opm-abort-initializing-libguide40dll/ ), however, I have no clue how to go about the resolutions that they state therein. Any information to resolve this problem would be highly useful.

Thanks for your time.

Sanjeev Rao

7 Replies Last Post 7 gen 2010, 01:32 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 ott 2009, 16:27 GMT-4
ok..I was able to set the environment variable as a temporary workaround to the problem. But Intel does not recommend it -just wondering if there is a proper solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Sanjeev
ok..I was able to set the environment variable as a temporary workaround to the problem. But Intel does not recommend it -just wondering if there is a proper solution to this problem. Thanks, Sanjeev

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 ott 2009, 12:53 GMT-4
Hi

we have not that error, but have had some problems to connect matlab from COMSOL on our LINUX system

To use matlab with comsol we run first:

>> comsol matlab -np 1 -tmpdir /export/home/scratch/$USER

then within MATLAB run the command ">> comsol" to start comsol

Buit then it's OK, the path from the COMSL GUI crashes, and we havnt figured out why, but as this way as above is OK, we do not really bother

Good luck
Ivar
Hi we have not that error, but have had some problems to connect matlab from COMSOL on our LINUX system To use matlab with comsol we run first: >> comsol matlab -np 1 -tmpdir /export/home/scratch/$USER then within MATLAB run the command ">> comsol" to start comsol Buit then it's OK, the path from the COMSL GUI crashes, and we havnt figured out why, but as this way as above is OK, we do not really bother Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 ott 2009, 13:55 GMT-4
hmm..thanks for the info Ivar.

Regards,

Sanjeev Rao
hmm..thanks for the info Ivar. Regards, Sanjeev Rao

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 nov 2009, 00:32 GMT-5
I have the very same problem.
I presume it is a problem of Matlab r2009b for the first time using the newer libiomp5.so OMP shared library, COMSOL 3.5a still using the deprecated libguide.so OMP shared library. Unfortunately I cannot check right now. I suggest trying Matlab r2009a (with Hotfix1 applied to COMSOL 3.5a), which still uses libguide.so (COMSOL support just mentions that Hotfix1 is compatible with Matlab r2008b aund 2009a, no mention of r2009b).
Regards
Rumen
I have the very same problem. I presume it is a problem of Matlab r2009b for the first time using the newer libiomp5.so OMP shared library, COMSOL 3.5a still using the deprecated libguide.so OMP shared library. Unfortunately I cannot check right now. I suggest trying Matlab r2009a (with Hotfix1 applied to COMSOL 3.5a), which still uses libguide.so (COMSOL support just mentions that Hotfix1 is compatible with Matlab r2008b aund 2009a, no mention of r2009b). Regards Rumen

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 nov 2009, 11:19 GMT-5
It is indeed a matlab r2009b problem. going back to r2009a solved the problem for me
It is indeed a matlab r2009b problem. going back to r2009a solved the problem for me

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 nov 2009, 19:33 GMT-5
yes, I heard back from COMSOL support that they were working to remove this problem from future versions of COMSOL
yes, I heard back from COMSOL support that they were working to remove this problem from future versions of COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 gen 2010, 01:32 GMT-5
You should install this patch:
www.comsol.com/support/updates/comsol35a2/

That will fix it.
You should install this patch: http://www.comsol.com/support/updates/comsol35a2/ That will fix it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.