Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Micromirrro model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
Can anyone please help to model a electrostation parallel plate micromirror. (like this one www.comsol.com/papers/5007/ ).

How to apply voltage between electrods?
Thanks

Kamal

4 Replies Last Post 21 ago 2011, 04:07 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ott 2009, 16:46 GMT-4
Hi

I would start by studying the MEMS module "Comb Drive" examples, see the memsmodlib.pdf documentation (or try your luck on the web wth google)

Ivar
Hi I would start by studying the MEMS module "Comb Drive" examples, see the memsmodlib.pdf documentation (or try your luck on the web wth google) Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ott 2009, 17:14 GMT-4
Hi Ivar
Thanks
I did that.
But how I can apply voltage mirror (ground electrode) and 2 bottom electrode to see the rotation.

Thanks again

Hi Ivar Thanks I did that. But how I can apply voltage mirror (ground electrode) and 2 bottom electrode to see the rotation. Thanks again

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 lug 2011, 04:02 GMT-4
Hi Mohammad,
I am researching in micromirror, I would like to applied voltage to electrode. Could you share your method?
Hi Mohammad, I am researching in micromirror, I would like to applied voltage to electrode. Could you share your method?

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 ago 2011, 04:07 GMT-4
hi everybody
i want to simulate a micromirror too but in the first step i must get boundery condition for mirror surface i select gold as material of my mirror but i dont know how can select my boundery and optic source?if anybody know my problem please help me.
hi everybody i want to simulate a micromirror too but in the first step i must get boundery condition for mirror surface i select gold as material of my mirror but i dont know how can select my boundery and optic source?if anybody know my problem please help me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.