Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Property not given- Property: yaxisexpr

Michael Rembe Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there anybody who knows this error:
"Property not given: yaxisexpr"

My model gets a stationary solution. After restarting the simulation to get a transient solution I get this error.

** Now I get the error by using the parametric solver AND restart, too!

Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Property not given
- Property: yaxisexpr

Stack trace:
at prop.cpp, row 589, ()
at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femTime(Native Method)
at com.femlab.solver.FemTime.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

4 Replies Last Post 27 apr 2010, 05:10 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Rembe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 dic 2009, 12:12 GMT-5
I have the same problem, Anybody know the solution.
Thnx!!
I have the same problem, Anybody know the solution. Thnx!!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 dic 2009, 10:23 GMT-5
Hi

I have never seen that fellow, cannot find the variable in the doc neither, so the best guess I can propose is to check whatever BC you have on the symmetry axis (y axis in axi-symmetry is the "z" axis easy to confuse), i.e. such as clear axial symmetry definition in all applicaton modes / physics

Sorry cannot do better, but pls report back, always interesting

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have never seen that fellow, cannot find the variable in the doc neither, so the best guess I can propose is to check whatever BC you have on the symmetry axis (y axis in axi-symmetry is the "z" axis easy to confuse), i.e. such as clear axial symmetry definition in all applicaton modes / physics Sorry cannot do better, but pls report back, always interesting Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 feb 2010, 11:57 GMT-5
I had the same problem and it appears that the .mph got corrupted.

I solved the problem by saving the model as a .m file (MATLAB).

The M-file can then be opened with the COMSOL gui and re-saved as a .mph

To use this functionality you must be running in the mode "COMSOL XX with MATLAB"
I had the same problem and it appears that the .mph got corrupted. I solved the problem by saving the model as a .m file (MATLAB). The M-file can then be opened with the COMSOL gui and re-saved as a .mph To use this functionality you must be running in the mode "COMSOL XX with MATLAB"

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 apr 2010, 05:10 GMT-4
I had the same problem. First static solution, then frequency response.

The error was because I had defined a "probe plot parameter" that was not defined anymore. After deleting the probe the error was gone. Had nothing to do with yaxis or so (it was a global scalar variable).

Success!
I had the same problem. First static solution, then frequency response. The error was because I had defined a "probe plot parameter" that was not defined anymore. After deleting the probe the error was gone. Had nothing to do with yaxis or so (it was a global scalar variable). Success!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.