Photos from the COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston
Caty Fairclough October 26, 2015
The COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston brought together simulation engineers for three days of hands-on training, user presentations, industry talks, and more. We’d like to share some photos from the event with you — and if you were there, check out the slideshow below to see if you are in any of the pictures.
Quick Recap of the COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston
The COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston kicked off with an introduction to the upcoming release of COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.2. After hearing about the new software features in the presentation, attendees experienced them first-hand in their prerelease version of COMSOL Multiphysics 5.2, which they received at the conference.
Over the next few days, registrants enjoyed minicourses and hands-on training sessions in which COMSOL staff shared their insider knowledge of how to best use the software. We were also treated to presentations on how people and companies are using COMSOL Multiphysics during the user presentations and the all-new focus sessions. We heard about topics ranging from solid rocket motor combustion instability and microwave heating to how the ventilation in a hospital room spreads bacteria.
— COMSOL (@COMSOL_Inc) October 8, 2015
The poster session provided a more informal environment for simulation engineers to discuss their innovative projects with fellow COMSOL Multiphysics users and COMSOL staff. On the final day of the conference, the authors of the best papers and posters received awards (you can read about them here).
Check back on the blog as we cover various paper and poster submissions more in-depth over the next few months.
COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston Event Photos
Without further ado, here are some photos from the COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston:
- COMSOL CEO Svante Littmarck discusses bringing simulation to everyone via apps.
- Audience at the conference kick-off session.
- Bjorn Sjodin, VP of product management, introduces COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.2.
- Handing out freebies.
- Representatives from NASA Tech Briefs and COMSOL.
- Palo Alto Branch Manager John Dunec discusses fluid flow.
- Industry talk from Veryst Engineering.
- Focus session: "Best Practices in Heat Transfer and Phase Change Simulation".
- William Vetterling of ZINK Imaging at the poster session.
- Svante Littmarck hands out a Best Poster award to Riccardo Balistreri of QSC.
We would like to thank everyone who attended the COMSOL Conference 2015 Boston for being part of this event. We hope you had a great time. See you again next year!