Simulating Fluid-Structure Interaction in COMSOL Multiphysics
- Introduction and Agenda (0:00)
- Introduction to Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) (4:13)
- FSI Couplings (8:28)
- COMSOL Features for FSI (14:20)
- Moving Mesh (17:35)
- Example: MEMS Switch (22:22)
- Live Demo (35:06)
- Q&A Session (41:34)
- How to Try COMSOL Multiphysics (55:13)
This archived webinar discusses how you can simulate Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) using COMSOL Multiphysics.
You will learn about the many types of applications you can simulate, including valve chatter, building sway, cardiovascular blood flow, and wing flutter, to name a few.
Also featured is a demonstration involving the simulation of a MEMS switch that accounts for contact and squeeze film damping where fluid flow and solid deformation are strongly coupled.