Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I export a file of mutiphysics to COMSOL script or MATLAB code?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I modeled a structure, for example, with height 300nm.
I wanna simulation this feature with height from 100nm to 500nm and plot the result versus height.
To do this, I think I have to export this feature to code and using loops..
Are there any method to do this?

Thanks for all your helps.

2 Replies Last Post 10 ago 2010, 02:12 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 ago 2010, 01:48 GMT-4
hi
first, you can open comsol with matlab, and then push ctrl+f
hi first, you can open comsol with matlab, and then push ctrl+f

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 ago 2010, 02:12 GMT-4

I modeled a structure, for example, with height 300nm.
I wanna simulation this feature with height from 100nm to 500nm and plot the result versus height.
To do this, I think I have to export this feature to code and using loops..
Are there any method to do this?

Thanks for all your helps.

If you are using Comsol 4, you can easily use parametric sweep feature to do this. Your hight will be the parameter and you can either have a probe to check your desired variable in time, or post-processes later.

In comsol 3.5, you need to access matlab. It is very well documented in the manual. Just search for matlab.
[QUOTE] I modeled a structure, for example, with height 300nm. I wanna simulation this feature with height from 100nm to 500nm and plot the result versus height. To do this, I think I have to export this feature to code and using loops.. Are there any method to do this? Thanks for all your helps. [/QUOTE] If you are using Comsol 4, you can easily use parametric sweep feature to do this. Your hight will be the parameter and you can either have a probe to check your desired variable in time, or post-processes later. In comsol 3.5, you need to access matlab. It is very well documented in the manual. Just search for matlab.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.