Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Another Meshing Problem of 2 thin geometries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I have the problem of meshing 2 thin geometries which form a union. If I mesh only the main part, it works. but meshing with free tetrahedal both i get the error:

Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face.

If I perform an triangular mesh and swep it, i get the following error:

Unsupported topology of boundary face.

The problem is, to connect the mesh from the first part with the second part. If I swep, the connected part is in a different plane, so the mesh would´nt connect!?
Does anyone knows how to create the mesh and further avoid singularities?
Thanks!

I attached the file

kind regards,
Steve

1 Reply Last Post 19 lug 2010, 02:08 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 lug 2010, 02:08 GMT-4
Hello!

Meanwhile I found a solution :-)
Meshing was possible by dividing the cross section in an upper and an lower part. So the narrow curve is interrupted an free meshing is possible!

kind regards,
Steve
Hello! Meanwhile I found a solution :-) Meshing was possible by dividing the cross section in an upper and an lower part. So the narrow curve is interrupted an free meshing is possible! kind regards, Steve

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.