Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to change the scalar variables in COMSOL v4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,guys,I want to change the scalar variables in COMSOL v4, but I can not find it. The scalar variables in COMSOL v3.5a is in physics menu, but in v4, I do know how to find it.

9 Replies Last Post 17 dic 2010, 11:09 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 giu 2010, 01:51 GMT-4
Hi

I beleive that most scalar variables (the ones of COMSOL) are now distributed in different subfields either in the study node or under adavanced in the physics

You can also turn on the sub node equations in the preferences

For you ovn variables you define them under Global or Model Definitions

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I beleive that most scalar variables (the ones of COMSOL) are now distributed in different subfields either in the study node or under adavanced in the physics You can also turn on the sub node equations in the preferences For you ovn variables you define them under Global or Model Definitions Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 giu 2010, 06:06 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,I want to find the scalar variable (beta_rfwv) which is the propagation constant defined in perpendicular Hybrid-Mode Wave of Eigen Frequency Solver in RF model in COMSOL v3.5.But when I want to find it in COMSOL v4, I can not find such defined scalar variable in Eigen Frequency solver nor neither in equations view of physics.Maybe I am not carefully enough to find it.
Hi Ivar,I want to find the scalar variable (beta_rfwv) which is the propagation constant defined in perpendicular Hybrid-Mode Wave of Eigen Frequency Solver in RF model in COMSOL v3.5.But when I want to find it in COMSOL v4, I can not find such defined scalar variable in Eigen Frequency solver nor neither in equations view of physics.Maybe I am not carefully enough to find it.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 giu 2010, 15:55 GMT-4
Hi

yes I do neither not have a ull list of correspondance, but it shoulod look like rf.beta in V4, or replace rf by whatever physics name you are using (if they have not changed the name) unfortunately we cannot sort the name lines in the equations so one need to scan carefully all lines of the physics, and it could also b defined in one of the sub-nodes

Sorry do not know more mylsef ;)
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes I do neither not have a ull list of correspondance, but it shoulod look like rf.beta in V4, or replace rf by whatever physics name you are using (if they have not changed the name) unfortunately we cannot sort the name lines in the equations so one need to scan carefully all lines of the physics, and it could also b defined in one of the sub-nodes Sorry do not know more mylsef ;) Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 nov 2010, 12:24 GMT-5
Hi Liu;
Did you find your variable? I have the same issue.
thanks
Hi Liu; Did you find your variable? I have the same issue. thanks

Magnus Olsson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 nov 2010, 07:10 GMT-5
Hi,

The "application scalar variables" dialog has disappeared in version 4. The corresponding input is handled in the following way:

* Physical constants like free space electrical permittivity and magnetic permeability are now built-in, non editable constants.

* User input parameters like frequency are specified in the study node.

The reason that you cannot find the "out-of-plane propagation constant" in any study node is because the type of eigenfrequency study that it would be associated with is not yet supported in version 4.

We plan to reintroduce it in a future version.

Best regards,

Magnus Olsson
COMSOL
Hi, The "application scalar variables" dialog has disappeared in version 4. The corresponding input is handled in the following way: * Physical constants like free space electrical permittivity and magnetic permeability are now built-in, non editable constants. * User input parameters like frequency are specified in the study node. The reason that you cannot find the "out-of-plane propagation constant" in any study node is because the type of eigenfrequency study that it would be associated with is not yet supported in version 4. We plan to reintroduce it in a future version. Best regards, Magnus Olsson COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 dic 2010, 15:34 GMT-5
Hi;
I can not find, where to set the frequency under the study node. Could any one help?
thanks
Mina
Hi; I can not find, where to set the frequency under the study node. Could any one help? thanks Mina

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 dic 2010, 16:03 GMT-5
Hi

isnt it under the solver node ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi isnt it under the solver node ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 dic 2010, 16:47 GMT-5
Hi:
Under solver node I have:

compile equation
dependent variable
solver setting

I am using a Stationary Direct solver.
I can not find the frequency.

Thanks
Mina
Hi: Under solver node I have: compile equation dependent variable solver setting I am using a Stationary Direct solver. I can not find the frequency. Thanks Mina

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 dic 2010, 11:09 GMT-5
Here is what I did to change the frequency in Comsol 4.a:

In the "Model Builder" window, Right Top corner, there are small figures: triangle, rectangle and square which are :

view menu, Minimize and Maximize.

In "view menu" active "show more options "

My model Physics was "Electric current", I clicked on "Electric Current" to see th setting, and then clicked on the "equation" and changed my frequency.

Hope it be helpful

Mina

Here is what I did to change the frequency in Comsol 4.a: In the "Model Builder" window, Right Top corner, there are small figures: triangle, rectangle and square which are : view menu, Minimize and Maximize. In "view menu" active "show more options " My model Physics was "Electric current", I clicked on "Electric Current" to see th setting, and then clicked on the "equation" and changed my frequency. Hope it be helpful Mina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.