Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using a specific global variable for boundary expression

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm modeling a gas flow over a flat substrate in a tube furnace in 2D. I need to define a boundary condition on the substrate surface by using "boundary expression".

Could you shed some light on how to write correctly a global variable, such as a concentration with specific coordinates in the boundary condition?

My boundary is a line from (87, -2.69) to (91, -2.69), c_Zn is the concentration, and "length" is defined as "x-87". Here is what I wrote for the boundary condition:

-0.332*Re_x^0.5*D_Zn_Ar*(c_Zn(length,0)-c_Zn(length,-2.69))/length

It looks like "(c_Zn(length,0)-c_Zn(length,-2.69))" is not accepted by COMSOL.

Many thanks,
Carlos

0 Replies Last Post 28 giu 2010, 17:26 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Carlos Fernandes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.