Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Incompressible Navier Stock together with Convection and diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a 3D model of a battery that represent the fluid (of the electrolyte, with navier stock) with the reaction in the cell (with convection and diffusion).
I'm using the output of the navier stock equation (v,u,w), in the convection and diffusion equation. Like in the example of "Porous reactor" aviable in the Model Library.

I have prove everithing but I have two problem with this model:

- The first problem is that the model doesn't work when i use the real velocity of the electrolyte (0,56 m/s). The Navier stock work, but the convection and diffusion not. When I change this velocity to a small velocity (for example 0,6e-7 m/s, really low) is possible to observe a good respond but the convergence is no 100%

- the secon problem is that, when i try to use the Flow in Porous media (Brinkman Equation), i recive allways the same error: error 6117 "Matrix is zero on Diagonal". I don't know what mean that but i have changed the values too and nothingh happen. The example for "Porous reactor" use this part and is working, i have prove with the same values that in the example and I have the same error.

thanks for any help that you can give me

regards

Pablo

0 Replies Last Post 24 giu 2010, 10:13 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pablo Briones

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.