Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

what could be the possible reason for this error Error: 6192

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am trying to simulate a cantilever structure with piezo excitation. The 2D model of the structure is given in the comsol tutorial and is working perfectly. Now when i am trying to simulate the 3D model of it, it is prompting an error which read "Error: 6192 Out of memory when performing operation on sparse matrix." What could be the possible reason.
Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 24 giu 2010, 07:31 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 giu 2010, 07:31 GMT-4
Hi

when moving to PZT and 3D you need the full tensor represenation of several variables, this increases substantially the sparsity and sizes of the matrices, so the out of memory is much quicker there if you operate from a "small" laptop or a 2Gb RAm PC.

Thts is for me the most probable, but it could also be that you have missed a BC without niticing it during the redefinition to 3D that makes the matrices really sparse, hence requiring specially large amounts of RAM.

Cannot say much more
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when moving to PZT and 3D you need the full tensor represenation of several variables, this increases substantially the sparsity and sizes of the matrices, so the out of memory is much quicker there if you operate from a "small" laptop or a 2Gb RAm PC. Thts is for me the most probable, but it could also be that you have missed a BC without niticing it during the redefinition to 3D that makes the matrices really sparse, hence requiring specially large amounts of RAM. Cannot say much more Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.