Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Line plots in Comsol 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello:
anyone please help me how to get line plots in Comsol 4.0. In 3.5a we can easily do it under post-processing/cross-section plot parameters / line/extrusion tab and we can mention any x-y coordinate under it to have line plots wherever we need. I don't see such option in 4.0, I know 1D, 2D, 3D plot options under Result in Comsol 4.0 but I couldn't able to get plots where I need..
Mayur

1 Reply Last Post 24 giu 2010, 09:00 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 giu 2010, 09:00 GMT-4
Hi

the line plots are there in V4 they can be defined with the icons start line and stop line (My preferred input method)and then you finetune the coordinates. this generates automatically for you the sequences in the result tree nodes

Note to have the plots always made up by COMSOL, define as much as possible as "Model Definition Prope plots" then your plots are not deleted each toime you delete the parent sequence under the study tree nodes

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi the line plots are there in V4 they can be defined with the icons start line and stop line (My preferred input method)and then you finetune the coordinates. this generates automatically for you the sequences in the result tree nodes Note to have the plots always made up by COMSOL, define as much as possible as "Model Definition Prope plots" then your plots are not deleted each toime you delete the parent sequence under the study tree nodes Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.