Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

conductive heat flux, y component provides different answer than normal conductive heat flux when y is normal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Modeling a simple 2-d rectangle with sides parallel to the y-axis and top and bottom perpendicular to the y-axis, I noticed that the conductive heat flux, y component on the top wall of the rectangle is different than the normal conductive heat flux on that same wall. Isn't the y direction also the normal? Why would these numbers be different?

1 Reply Last Post 19 giu 2010, 03:04 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 giu 2010, 03:04 GMT-4
Hi

I cannot really catch the description of your model from your description above, could you upload an image or the model, it would be easier for us out here to understand.

I would expect something more at least on your BC's (boundary conditions) where are the input/outputs of the energy, what kind of heat exachge, possible ylaso Comsol version and specific physics nyme such as:

i.e. add in your RE: [V4.0 HT 2D] my question

this already helps to sort out several issues.

By the way, for me , this applies to everyone: it's becoming difficult to identify if we are talking about 3.5 or 4 or soon to come 4.0a ... :)

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi I cannot really catch the description of your model from your description above, could you upload an image or the model, it would be easier for us out here to understand. I would expect something more at least on your BC's (boundary conditions) where are the input/outputs of the energy, what kind of heat exachge, possible ylaso Comsol version and specific physics nyme such as: i.e. add in your RE: [V4.0 HT 2D] my question this already helps to sort out several issues. By the way, for me , this applies to everyone: it's becoming difficult to identify if we are talking about 3.5 or 4 or soon to come 4.0a ... :) Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.