Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

need help-- AC power Electromagnetics module,

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am santhosh. I am very new to comsol, just started learning the software. I am trying to build an electromagnetic actuator. my problem is how do i give a sinusoidal signal as input. or in general how do i give a time variant sine or cosine signals as input in comsol.
Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 18 giu 2010, 07:43 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2010, 01:29 GMT-4
Hi

if its a sinus curent you want the write it out

Imax*sin(2*pi*fr*t)

and define "Imax" the current amplitude and "fr" the frequency as constants, then define your time steps accordingly and perform a time run = transient analysis.

but if it is a harmonic response you are after perform a frequecy scan over the desired frequency domain (or at one fixed frequency).

And really read through and do the different exercices in the documentation, they are given step by step, it helps a lot to understand how to use COMSOL

Hope this helps
Ivar
Hi if its a sinus curent you want the write it out Imax*sin(2*pi*fr*t) and define "Imax" the current amplitude and "fr" the frequency as constants, then define your time steps accordingly and perform a time run = transient analysis. but if it is a harmonic response you are after perform a frequecy scan over the desired frequency domain (or at one fixed frequency). And really read through and do the different exercices in the documentation, they are given step by step, it helps a lot to understand how to use COMSOL Hope this helps Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2010, 03:11 GMT-4
Hi,
Thanks a lot Mr Ivar, that really helped me. can you give a link of some tutorials on electromagnetic actuation. I am actually trying to simulate cantilever with electromagnetic actuation. I have sucessfully simlated cantilever structure with piezo crystals and brought it to resonance but i am not able to bring the structure to resonance its constantly vibrating with some amplitude. so i would be very happy if you can give me some material or link on electromagnetic actuation. That would really help me to practise.
Thank you.
Hi, Thanks a lot Mr Ivar, that really helped me. can you give a link of some tutorials on electromagnetic actuation. I am actually trying to simulate cantilever with electromagnetic actuation. I have sucessfully simlated cantilever structure with piezo crystals and brought it to resonance but i am not able to bring the structure to resonance its constantly vibrating with some amplitude. so i would be very happy if you can give me some material or link on electromagnetic actuation. That would really help me to practise. Thank you.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2010, 07:43 GMT-4
Hi

unfortunately I do not really know what topropose, else than the rotary ACDC examples in th 3.5 doc, and do a scan on the models and forums on the web.
Good luck
Ivar
Hi unfortunately I do not really know what topropose, else than the rotary ACDC examples in th 3.5 doc, and do a scan on the models and forums on the web. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.