Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: 4049

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Internal Error in mesh initialization:

I am trying to solva a transformer problem very close to the Planar transformer example available,

When i try to solve, it is giving this error 4049.

Any suggestions to avoid this error.

Thanks

ERaja Ma

4 Replies Last Post 19 lug 2010, 04:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ERaja Ma

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 lug 2010, 12:17 GMT-4
Hi,

I have the same problem when running a 3D simulation in structural mechanics module.
did you manage to solve it?

Best

Brian
Hi, I have the same problem when running a 3D simulation in structural mechanics module. did you manage to solve it? Best Brian

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 lug 2010, 23:53 GMT-4
Hi,

I was facing that problem when trying with Solver GMRES and Preconditioner GeometricMultigrid.

Then I changed the preconditoner to SSOR, I didnt get that error.

Try using SSOR or VANKA.

Thanks and Regards

ERaja
Hi, I was facing that problem when trying with Solver GMRES and Preconditioner GeometricMultigrid. Then I changed the preconditoner to SSOR, I didnt get that error. Try using SSOR or VANKA. Thanks and Regards ERaja

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 lug 2010, 03:53 GMT-4
I am not able to change the preconditioner. Has that got anything to do with the transient solver?
I am not able to change the preconditioner. Has that got anything to do with the transient solver?

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 lug 2010, 04:42 GMT-4
I am not sure about that.
I used time harmonic solver.

Can you ask one help ? Are you familiar with identity pairs.

Thanks and Regards

ERaja Ma
I am not sure about that. I used time harmonic solver. Can you ask one help ? Are you familiar with identity pairs. Thanks and Regards ERaja Ma

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Suggested Content