Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow boundary problems in a micropump

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a real beginner in Comsol that tries to improve its skill :)
Here is my problem:

I am simulating a basic micropump. It is simply made by a plastic layer deposited over a microfluidics channel.

I have managed to induce a deformation, due to a time varying applied force, on the channel, by using Moving Mesh and plane stress equations.
My problems come when i add the Navier-stokes equation to the channel.
Indeed, i can only manage to get a uniform velocity, and thus also a uniform pressure in the channel. I set up my boundary conditions at the two outlets with normal stresses equal to zero, which is obviously an error :)
Indeed, i dream to get the output flows due to the deflection of the channel. I ve read the modeling guide, but it did not really helped me.
It would be really great if you can help me!!
Thanks in advance !!

Marc

2 Replies Last Post 19 mag 2010, 11:21 GMT-4
Vaitheeswaran Gnanaraj

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 mag 2010, 11:20 GMT-4
hello
attach your *.mph file so that we can help you
hello attach your *.mph file so that we can help you

Vaitheeswaran Gnanaraj

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 mag 2010, 11:21 GMT-4
hello
attach your *.mph file so that we can help you
hello attach your *.mph file so that we can help you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.