Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

could not resolve subdomain relations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have model with following things.

12 cylinders (30 nanometer diameter with a 0.5 nanometer height ) which is an array of 3*4 on top of a flat platform. But the program is telling that it could not resolve subdomain relations. Could somebody explain me the reason so that I can correct my mistake.

Thanks.

Manjula

4 Replies Last Post 4 feb 2011, 13:41 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 apr 2010, 01:21 GMT-4
Hi

You might have a scaling issue, as you work with nanometer 1E-9. If you have some large parts the ratio smallest to biggest size should not exceed 1e-4 1e-5. there might be also some issues with absolute and relative tolerance settings. Take a read of the doc.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi You might have a scaling issue, as you work with nanometer 1E-9. If you have some large parts the ratio smallest to biggest size should not exceed 1e-4 1e-5. there might be also some issues with absolute and relative tolerance settings. Take a read of the doc. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 apr 2010, 10:46 GMT-4
Dear Ivar,

Thank You for your Instructions. Your Instructions supported me to correct my model.

Thanks Again.

Manjula
Dear Ivar, Thank You for your Instructions. Your Instructions supported me to correct my model. Thanks Again. Manjula

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 feb 2011, 12:54 GMT-5

I have a similar problem. I have a running program, but when I try to change the size of the source (say, laser source), it gives 'couldn't resolve the subdomain settings'. I think it's to do with the relative sizes of the subdomains, and a related question is, how to edit the tolerence level?

Thanks in advance

Sagar
I have a similar problem. I have a running program, but when I try to change the size of the source (say, laser source), it gives 'couldn't resolve the subdomain settings'. I think it's to do with the relative sizes of the subdomains, and a related question is, how to edit the tolerence level? Thanks in advance Sagar

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 feb 2011, 13:41 GMT-5
Hi

it could be the absolute tolerance for the geoemtry, that by default is in the10um size, so if your features (edges etc) become much smaller the CAD might just ignore them, if you do not change scale and/or settings

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it could be the absolute tolerance for the geoemtry, that by default is in the10um size, so if your features (edges etc) become much smaller the CAD might just ignore them, if you do not change scale and/or settings -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.