Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient 3D loading of contact pairs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am currently working on modeling a ball and joint interaction in comsol in 3D. I have currently set up the analysis and set up a contact pair between the surface of the ball and the surface of the cup. I am hodling the fall stationary and allowing the cup to move freely as I apply a load to it. However, I cannot generate an analysis which converges.

Here are things I need answers or help with:

1) How can I apply a load over a time span. Persay, apply 100 MPa in a time of 5 seconds?

2) Accomplishing this transient analysis, how can I get the solution to converge given contact of the two surfaces?

If someone would be so kind as to answer in simple terms and break everything down for me as I am fairly new to comsol multiphysics.

Thank you,
John

0 Replies Last Post 11 mar 2010, 21:17 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Sidhom

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.