Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

grid number limitation in Postinterp?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have a question about Postinterp command when I tried to output my result into Matlab.
I tried to output the spatial distribution of my result into Matlab, so I use Postinterp to make the interpolation in 3D space. When the size of grid point is 200*200*200, I can obtain the result in about one minute, but when I further increase the size to 400*400*400, the error message occur: Internal Error JNI
I have no idea what this means, and guess there is the mesh grid size limitation.
Then I check the properties of Postinterp in "Reference Guide", and found the definition of Blocksize: determining the number of mesh elements that are assembled together in a vectorized manner (default value 5000).

My question is : to enhance the accuracy of output, how can I further increase the mesh grid size in Postinterp? And is there the relation between Blocksize and limitation of mesh grid size?

Thanks in advance.

Yao

0 Replies Last Post 11 mar 2010, 05:58 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yuanzhao Yao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.