Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ALE Application

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello guys,

I've been trying to use the ALE mesh mode to model a moving boundary oxidation model and I think I'm using it incorrectly. As the oxide grows, the boundary of the geometry has to move, is there a way to do that with ALE or should I look at using a different model?

Thanks,

Bobby

3 Replies Last Post 10 mar 2010, 14:50 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2010, 13:58 GMT-5
how did you apply the growth velocity on the boundary conditions of ALE?
how did you apply the growth velocity on the boundary conditions of ALE?

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2010, 14:05 GMT-5
It should be time dependent, but there is a global variable relationship that calculates the x-velocity component of the boundary. It is linked to other things in the model, such as the concentration of the species at that point.

I guess a combined question would be why do I see the x-boundary move in the y-direction if this should be a 1-D problem? I know that is a basic question, but I'm curious.
It should be time dependent, but there is a global variable relationship that calculates the x-velocity component of the boundary. It is linked to other things in the model, such as the concentration of the species at that point. I guess a combined question would be why do I see the x-boundary move in the y-direction if this should be a 1-D problem? I know that is a basic question, but I'm curious.

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2010, 14:50 GMT-5
Check
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/2112/
and
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1394/

Niklas
Check http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/2112/ and http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1394/ Niklas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.