Porous media geomtery...fundamental

Suhas Jagtap Packed bed HT and FF

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone, I am working on packed bed heat transfer and fluid flow investigation in a duct. My experimental work includes: simple spherical balls (Fixed) of 11 mm kept in duct. Water is flowing inside the duct. Depending on the no of balls i have calculated the bed porosity and accordingly the experiments are conducted. To further predict the performance for diff bed porosities and ball daimater , I have created a 2D rectangular duct (Due to time constraint) of 280 mm length by 12 mm height. In that I have selected the Brinkman Eq and Heat transfer in porous media as Physics. In Heat transfer in porous media physics i have selected LTNE approach with spherical pellets. The model is running very well for different Dp and bed porosities. But the geomtery doesnt show balls and fluid separately. When i plot surface contours for Velocity or Temperature, whole rect duct is showing the contours. So i am confused. Pleae help me for these some fundamental queries : 1. What is packing structure COMSOL considers ? How the balls are arranged ? 2. How can i get the duct geomtery with solid (pellets) and fluid domain , ? 3. Can i plot the separate solid phase and fluid phase temperature ? how ? 4. Can i show the meshing in geomtery with pellets ?

I would be much thankful to you

Thanks and Regards Suhas

0 Replies Last Post 3 mar 2024, 02:14 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Suhas Jagtap

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.