Calculating of Impedance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I want measure impedance changes at various points on the surface of a glass pane with an aluminum coating exhibiting a gradient in layer thickness. The only thing i can find, the reference Impedance, which is a global. is there any Methode to measure the impedance at a certain ponit. how can I achieve this

1 Reply Last Post 26 feb 2024, 17:53 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago 26 feb 2024, 17:53 GMT-5
Updated: 2 months ago 26 feb 2024, 18:01 GMT-5

Your model didn't include a mesh or a study, both of which are needed to execute the model. So I took a wild guess and added a default mesh and a simple stationary study, then executed the model. (Note that these are not necessarily the best mesh or study for you.) Anyway, it completed without error messages. I'm not sure what impedance you are looking for, but I computed the terminal voltage / terminal current, which has units of resistance. See the attached edited version of your model. I cleared the solution (which is not the same as deleting the solver) to make the file small enough to upload. In principle, all you need to do is execute this file on your computer (push that big equal-sign button with the word "Compute" on it) and the solution will be there in the Results section. Result is about 1.225 x 10^-4 Ohms. Hope this helps. Note: I wouldn't simply trust that result without (at least) more careful attention to the mesh, by the way.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Your model didn't include a *mesh* or a *study*, both of which are needed to execute the model. So I took a wild guess and added a default mesh and a simple stationary study, then executed the model. (Note that these are *not* necessarily the best mesh or study for you.) Anyway, it completed without error messages. I'm not sure what impedance you are looking for, but I computed the terminal voltage / terminal current, which has units of resistance. See the attached edited version of your model. I cleared the solution (which is not the same as deleting the solver) to make the file small enough to upload. In principle, all you need to do is execute this file on your computer (push that big equal-sign button with the word "Compute" on it) and the solution will be there in the Results section. Result is about 1.225 x 10^-4 Ohms. Hope this helps. Note: I wouldn't simply trust that result without (at least) more careful attention to the mesh, by the way.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.