Unable to read variable. (Global Definition)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am a COMSOL begginer. I am trying to learn the overal framework, using some example workflows avaialble in the manual. Specifically, I was playing with "drift-diffusion-tutorial" available in PlasmaApplicationLibrary Manual.

In that, the tutorial says that I need to declare global variables using the table.

For example there exists a consant that defines a reaction rate as

1.993039e-014dd.Te^0.93exp(-0.41/dd.Te)

At a glance, it seems that dd.Te and dd.Te are some internal variables within "Drift-Diffusion Interface"

However, as I run it (compute it) , I am encountering with the following error message.

• Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1) Undefined variable.
    • Variable: dd.Te
    • Geometry: geom1
    • Domain: 1 Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
    • Expression: dvol_spatial(comp1.dd.Sen(1/e_const)) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
    • Expression: (comp1.dd.Sentest(comp1.En)/e_const)(dvol_spatial)

What are issues with this?

I appreacite your help in advance,

Regards, Jaekwang

0 Replies Last Post 26 dic 2023, 16:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jaekwang Kim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.