Representation of two variables in a plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

I have a piece of soil above a water table at depth equal to z = -3.3m.

In order to don't have any problem regarding the water pressure limit at water level, I decide to split the domain in two interval:

interval 1: from z=0 (reference for the water table in COMSOL) to z=0.5m interval 2: from z=0.5m to z=3.3m

I have two different Richards' equations with two different pressures (pl1 and pl2). I set the upper limit for pl2 max = 0kPa at groundlevel.

How can I plot the water pressure distribution of entire domain (pl1 + pl2) with respect to the depth [m] in a unique graph?

3 Replies Last Post 19 dic 2023, 11:06 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 months ago 19 dic 2023, 09:40 GMT-5
Updated: 4 months ago 19 dic 2023, 09:24 GMT-5

Hello Edoardo,

You could create a variable pl3 defined as pl1 in domain 1 and as pl2 in domain 2. You will then be able to plot pl3 in both domains. See the attached toy model for an example.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Edoardo, You could create a variable pl3 defined as pl1 in domain 1 and as pl2 in domain 2. You will then be able to plot pl3 in both domains. See the attached toy model for an example. Best, Jeff

Posted: 4 months ago 19 dic 2023, 10:27 GMT-5
Updated: 4 months ago 19 dic 2023, 10:29 GMT-5

Thanks Jeff. But in order to have continuity in the water pressure between the two intervals how can I do?

Because I put a precipitation at Ground level that in someway influences the interval related to the waterlevel; but I have the default setting about "NO FLOW" in the intersection that linked the two intervals and I don't know how to replace this condition.

Thanks Jeff. But in order to have continuity in the water pressure between the two intervals how can I do? Because I put a precipitation at Ground level that in someway influences the interval related to the waterlevel; but I have the default setting about "NO FLOW" in the intersection that linked the two intervals and I don't know how to replace this condition.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 months ago 19 dic 2023, 11:06 GMT-5
Updated: 4 months ago 19 dic 2023, 11:06 GMT-5

Hi Edoardo,

That's a totally unrelated question so I would recommend you start a separate Discussion Forum thread about it. My background being in a different field, I do not know the answer to this latest query.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Edoardo, That's a totally unrelated question so I would recommend you start a separate Discussion Forum thread about it. My background being in a different field, I do not know the answer to this latest query. Best, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.