Heat Transfer in a cup of Tea

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day, I'm a Mechanical Engineering student who is new to Comsol Multipysics, currently I'm running a seminar on heat transfer in a cup of Tea , who like to know if there is anyone as run a similar analysis? if so would like to reach out for some advise on setting up the model. Thanks

5 Replies Last Post 15 nov 2023, 11:45 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago 14 nov 2023, 09:46 GMT-5
Updated: 6 months ago 14 nov 2023, 09:41 GMT-5

Hello Quadri,

I suppose it depends on what aspects of heat transfer you would like to incorporate in your modeling, but this tutorial may be very similar to what you have in mind. If anything, I would guess that it is possibly more advanced than what you are looking for.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Quadri, I suppose it depends on what aspects of heat transfer you would like to incorporate in your modeling, but [this tutorial](https://www.comsol.com/model/evaporative-cooling-of-water-6192) may be very similar to what you have in mind. If anything, I would guess that it is possibly more advanced than what you are looking for. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 months ago 15 nov 2023, 01:03 GMT-5

I have checked out it, wasn't able to get the desired rusult. It's more complex for what I want to do. I have already designed the cup mode(s) in Fusion360. I choose Heat transfer in Solid and Fluid as my physics and a time dependent study the issue is setting up the needed condition to run the analysis. Thank you Jeff.

I have checked out it, wasn't able to get the desired rusult. It's more complex for what I want to do. I have already designed the cup mode(s) in Fusion360. I choose Heat transfer in Solid and Fluid as my physics and a time dependent study the issue is setting up the needed condition to run the analysis. Thank you Jeff.

Posted: 6 months ago 15 nov 2023, 01:11 GMT-5
Updated: 6 months ago 15 nov 2023, 06:46 GMT-5

Good Day Jeff, I am currently trying to run the analysis based on the example "Case Study 1- A Cup of Hot Tea" in Layla S. Mayboudi, PhD - Comsol Heat Transfer Models but I am unable to complete some of the necesary steps needed before running the analysis to my low proficiency in Comsol Multiphysics. Can you help? Thank you

Good Day Jeff, I am currently trying to run the analysis based on the example "Case Study 1- A Cup of Hot Tea" in Layla S. Mayboudi, PhD - Comsol Heat Transfer Models but I am unable to complete some of the necesary steps needed before running the analysis to my low proficiency in Comsol Multiphysics. Can you help? Thank you

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago 15 nov 2023, 08:44 GMT-5
Updated: 6 months ago 15 nov 2023, 08:44 GMT-5

I would recommend contacting the author of the model.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
I would recommend contacting the author of the model. Jeff

Posted: 6 months ago 15 nov 2023, 11:45 GMT-5

Thank you.

Thank you.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.