How to show streamlines in specific section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to show streamlines in a specific part of an object. I have a cylinder-shaped object centred around X-axes. Streamlines swirl around the centre. I would like to see results in half of the section of the object where Y>0. I have tried the filter, but it doesn't work because it removes every streamline that crosses the X plane to negative. Any suggestions? Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 8 nov 2023, 11:09 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 months ago 8 nov 2023, 11:09 GMT-5
Updated: 6 months ago 8 nov 2023, 11:12 GMT-5

Filtering (e.g., specifying ) works fine for me. Not sure what you did, exactly. Alternatively, if you create your geometry such that the volume in which you want to plot the streamlines is a single domain, you could then use the "selection" feature to plot streamlines only in that domain. If that doesn't help, then I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum so we can all see what you did and then, maybe, diagnose the problem.

p.s. Is the problem caused by a specification of where your streamlines start? Look at (and experiment with) your settings under "Streamline positioning."

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Filtering (e.g., specifying y>0) works fine for me. Not sure what you did, exactly. Alternatively, if you create your geometry such that the volume in which you want to plot the streamlines is a single domain, you could then use the "selection" feature to plot streamlines only in that domain. If that doesn't help, then I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum so we can all see what you did and then, maybe, diagnose the problem. p.s. Is the problem caused by a specification of where your streamlines *start*? Look at (and experiment with) your settings under "Streamline positioning."

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.