Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

rotational constraint

AMAL IIT KANPUR/AEROSPACE ENGINEERING

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to do a static analysis of a cantilever beam whose one end is fixed.

In the other end I am applying forces axially and also in the transverse direction. But I what this end to be rotationally restraint, but can undergo an axial and transverse deflection. The final deformation of the beam will look somewhat like the attached figure.

While I am able to do everything else, i am not able to figure out! how to give a rotational restraint constraint. Someone please help!

2 Replies Last Post 25 set 2023, 05:12 GMT-4
Raja Kumar Acoustics & Vibration

Posted: 7 months ago 25 set 2023, 04:44 GMT-4

There will be options to add contraint type as rotational and translation constraint

-------------------
iamrajakumar@iitkgp.ac.in
iamrajakr@gmail.com
There will be options to add contraint type as rotational and translation constraint

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 months ago 25 set 2023, 05:12 GMT-4

Assuming that you are using Solid Mechanics, there are two direct approaches:

Approach 1:

Add a Rigid Connector to the end boundary and constrain its rotation.

Approach 2:

Add a Symmetry condition to the end boundary, and make use of the settings in its Normal Direction Condition section.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Assuming that you are using Solid Mechanics, there are two direct approaches: Approach 1: Add a *Rigid Connector* to the end boundary and constrain its rotation. Approach 2: Add a *Symmetry* condition to the end boundary, and make use of the settings in its *Normal Direction Condition* section.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.