Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal analysis of metamaterial

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings, could anyone suggest me whether it is possible to do thermal analysis of metamaterial unit element which is already simulated in CST simulator into COMSOL. i want to know the procedure for importing model from CST to comsol for performing thermal analysis. if yes could help me with the procedures.

1 Reply Last Post 22 set 2023, 13:49 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 months ago 22 set 2023, 13:49 GMT-4
Updated: 7 months ago 22 set 2023, 13:39 GMT-4

Sure, you can import any needed data using what in COMSOL is referred to as "interpolation functions". Search the Reference Manual or this Discussion Forum for more details on those. Of course, another approach would be to do both the EM and the HT simulations in COMSOL, which would allow for a bidirectional coupling if it is useful to you.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Sure, you can import any needed data using what in COMSOL is referred to as "interpolation functions". Search the Reference Manual or this Discussion Forum for more details on those. Of course, another approach would be to do both the EM and the HT simulations in COMSOL, which would allow for a bidirectional coupling if it is useful to you. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.