Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

phase dependent cuurent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all

how can i induce some phase dependent currents in comsol?
especially i wanna know how to make 3 currents with 120 degree different phase

5 Replies Last Post 11 nov 2012, 09:09 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 nov 2012, 04:16 GMT-5
Hi

COMSOL uses the "phasor approach so by using complex values for the amplitudes you can includ phase info to your frequency domain (harmonic) solver sweep analysis, check the doc, and I belive I have seen a model library of a 3 phse example, or was it on the model gallerie ?

It has alread ybeen discussed a few years ago, here on the Forum, the method is still the same ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL uses the "phasor approach so by using complex values for the amplitudes you can includ phase info to your frequency domain (harmonic) solver sweep analysis, check the doc, and I belive I have seen a model library of a 3 phse example, or was it on the model gallerie ? It has alread ybeen discussed a few years ago, here on the Forum, the method is still the same ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 nov 2012, 06:51 GMT-5
thanks a lot for your answer ivar
may i ask from you to put the link you mentioned? i couldnt find it.
thanks a lot for your answer ivar may i ask from you to put the link you mentioned? i couldnt find it.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 nov 2012, 07:11 GMT-5
Hi

try a search on the Forum with PHASOR, and do the same on the help of COMSOL, and/or the PDF doc of the general user manual and the ACDC one

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try a search on the Forum with PHASOR, and do the same on the help of COMSOL, and/or the PDF doc of the general user manual and the ACDC one -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 nov 2012, 11:50 GMT-5
thanks for your quick answer.

I found this link and it appears it would be useful but I use COMSOL 4.1 and this model has been written by a higher version so I cant load it. is it possible to open that? what should I do?

thanks in advanced
thanks for your quick answer. I found this link and it appears it would be useful but I use COMSOL 4.1 and this model has been written by a higher version so I cant load it. is it possible to open that? what should I do? thanks in advanced

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 nov 2012, 09:09 GMT-5
link: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/download/file/9293/Stator_3phase.mph
link: http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/download/file/9293/Stator_3phase.mph

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.