Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bubble not rising in Rising Bubble model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the rising bubble example given in Comsol documentation in Comsol 4.3. Basically, I have a similar problem with different fluids and different dimension scales. So initially, I tried to simulate the Comsol example and it worked perfectly fine. Now, I have reduced the size of the bubble as well as domain size to the order of microns, and removed the upper oil layer. Initially, I had the issue of bubble getting dissolved immediately after t=0, but after setting method to "conservative" and using finer mesh, bubble seems to stay roughly the same. But now my bubble isn't rising at all. After going through a number of discussions here on the forum, I am still not able to figure out the problem here.

I plan to include reaction as well as heat transfer later to this model, but I am currently stuck at the first junction itself, So any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching my model here for reference.

Thanks.

Madhur

0 Replies Last Post 8 nov 2012, 00:50 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Madhur Bhaiya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.