Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

charged particle tracing plot bend

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I built an ion bender and its magnetic field with electrostatics through stationary study. I also built the charged particle tracing with time dependent study where the particles inside are plotted. However, the particles should be bending and going to the outlet that i assigned instead of going straight to the end. I believe this should be working as the electrostatics part assigned the magnetic field so the particles should be following it, I don't know why it wouldn't. Any help will be appreciated!

Additionally, the tubes are built because I need the inside to be air and this was a solution for my geometry. And, I have tried adding magnetic force on the charged particle tracing part so I could get the particles to bend, that also didn't work.

0 Replies Last Post 16 giu 2023, 12:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Melisa Kocak

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.