Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Admittance calculation problem by AWE and Frequency domain study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm now trying to find the admittance curve of a piezoelectric disk immerse in the water, I used AWE to sweep the wide range of frequency. However, when I want to use the global value es.Y11 to calculate admittance (I used terminal as voltage source of piezoelectric disk), the value are all zero, and I also plot the terminal charge es.Q0_1 and terminal voltage es.V0_1, the es.Q0_1 is always zero. But I used normal frequency domain study to do the same thing, surprisely the admittance curve was shown up. I doubt that AWE has some bugs, or did I miss something?

Thank you in advanced.

1 Reply Last Post 8 apr 2022, 00:53 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 8 apr 2022, 00:53 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 8 apr 2022, 00:54 GMT-4

Hello everyone,

Finally found the reason why AWE can't calculate admittance value.

The reason is that when you use AWE study, the operator reacf() which is used in calculating admittance is automatically replaced by zero, so no matter how you fix the model, you will never get the admittance value!

The solution is to remember to go to the terminal node settings, constraint settings, there is a button called [Use Weak Constraints], which must be clicked.

Hello everyone, Finally found the reason why AWE can't calculate admittance value. The reason is that when you use AWE study, the operator reacf() which is used in calculating admittance is automatically replaced by zero, so no matter how you fix the model, you will never get the admittance value! The solution is to remember to go to the terminal node settings, constraint settings, there is a button called [Use Weak Constraints], which must be clicked.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.