Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable Exchange - Model Coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a fluid flow through a porous medium. Where I modeled the fluid flow and overall heat transfer with a PDE and the heat transfer within one medium with the heat transfer module.
So I created two models in one file and now I am trying to interchange the correct variables between these two models. I guess the averaged coupling operator which I used for the second model should do the job. But I am not sure about how passing the variable from the first model to the second (Extrusion or Projection).

When looking at the result the temperature of the fluid along the length of the medium it tending to the temperature of the medium. But with progressing time the temperature rises above the initial temperature- which can not be true.

Can someone give me hint if I am using the right operators?

I attached a short explanation of the problem and my file.

Thank you for help and time, I really appreciate it.

Nic

3 Replies Last Post 23 lug 2012, 11:47 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 lug 2012, 18:00 GMT-4
Hey there,

can anybody take look at that model and give me a hint why temperature of the fluid keeps rising?

Thank you,

Nic
Hey there, can anybody take look at that model and give me a hint why temperature of the fluid keeps rising? Thank you, Nic

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 lug 2012, 22:34 GMT-4
Ok...

comin' closer but still far away I guess. I do have a valid/right looking temperature distribution for the fluid but I'm do not understand the meaning of the plot of the 2D temperature distribution.

How do I have to look at the temperature distribution in the circle over time? Is it the temperature distribution at x=0?

Thank you!

Nic
Ok... comin' closer but still far away I guess. I do have a valid/right looking temperature distribution for the fluid but I'm do not understand the meaning of the plot of the 2D temperature distribution. How do I have to look at the temperature distribution in the circle over time? Is it the temperature distribution at x=0? Thank you! Nic

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 lug 2012, 11:47 GMT-4
Anybody any idea?
Anybody any idea?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.