Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Asynchronous Motor model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've been looking on some posts inside the forum about rotating machines, however I am facing some problems with my simulation.

My project is: a simulation of a induction motor. I have defined as finalized assembly, a union for all stator parts and another union with all rotor parts. Also I have defined the identity pairs between rotor and stator.
I have multi-turn coil domains defining windings on the rotor with current sources in different phases.

When I try to rotate the rotor with prescribed rotational velocity it does not work. It always be static for every time value.

Does anyone have any suggestion about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Felipe C Salgado

2 Replies Last Post 23 lug 2012, 14:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Felipe Salgado

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 lug 2012, 12:26 GMT-4
Maybe you can attach your model or a simplified one. It would be easier to have a look inside.

--
L. Queval
Maybe you can attach your model or a simplified one. It would be easier to have a look inside. -- L. Queval

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 lug 2012, 14:27 GMT-4
Hello,

I was having this issue myself and did not find a solution for weeks, until I figured it out myself.
You have to set two frames in the result nodes to "spatial".
At least it fixed the "non- rotating- problem" for me. I attached a screenshot where you can see the two things I changed. The one I forgot is the one in the background.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

I've been looking on some posts inside the forum about rotating machines, however I am facing some problems with my simulation.

My project is: a simulation of a induction motor. I have defined as finalized assembly, a union for all stator parts and another union with all rotor parts. Also I have defined the identity pairs between rotor and stator.
I have multi-turn coil domains defining windings on the rotor with current sources in different phases.

When I try to rotate the rotor with prescribed rotational velocity it does not work. It always be static for every time value.

Does anyone have any suggestion about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Felipe C Salgado

Hello, I was having this issue myself and did not find a solution for weeks, until I figured it out myself. You have to set two frames in the result nodes to "spatial". At least it fixed the "non- rotating- problem" for me. I attached a screenshot where you can see the two things I changed. The one I forgot is the one in the background. Hope it helps. [QUOTE] Hi, I've been looking on some posts inside the forum about rotating machines, however I am facing some problems with my simulation. My project is: a simulation of a induction motor. I have defined as finalized assembly, a union for all stator parts and another union with all rotor parts. Also I have defined the identity pairs between rotor and stator. I have multi-turn coil domains defining windings on the rotor with current sources in different phases. When I try to rotate the rotor with prescribed rotational velocity it does not work. It always be static for every time value. Does anyone have any suggestion about what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help. Felipe C Salgado [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.