Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Compatibility Comsol 4.2.0.228 - 4.2.1.116]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am runnning comsol/4.2.0.228 on a machine and submit a batch job to my university cluster running comsol/4.2.1.116. However, afterwards, I cannot open the output.mph on my local machine anymore... And it opens without troubles on the cluster...

What would you suggest to solve the issue?

Best,

Meier Thierry

2 Replies Last Post 14 giu 2012, 08:01 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 giu 2012, 07:07 GMT-4
Hi

from my understanding you need to read in only present or older versions, cannt you update yours to the same as the cluster ?

Anyhow if you submit a file from a newer version, it will not run on the cluster with an older version. If you submit an older version it will probably be openend and run, but once saved in the new version you cannot open it on your postprocessing machine because you run an older version ...

welcome the the upwards-compatible-only world

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my understanding you need to read in only present or older versions, cannt you update yours to the same as the cluster ? Anyhow if you submit a file from a newer version, it will not run on the cluster with an older version. If you submit an older version it will probably be openend and run, but once saved in the new version you cannot open it on your postprocessing machine because you run an older version ... welcome the the upwards-compatible-only world -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 giu 2012, 08:01 GMT-4
Hi

Thanks for your answer.. :) I found a way, my cluster has the comsol/4.2.0.228 as well :) I am now loading the correct module and everything is going fine! :)

Best,

Meier Thierry
Hi Thanks for your answer.. :) I found a way, my cluster has the comsol/4.2.0.228 as well :) I am now loading the correct module and everything is going fine! :) Best, Meier Thierry

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.