Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracing - Time dependent solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a question about the particle tracing for fluid flow.
I’m simulating the transport of particles in a saturated porous medium.

The time dependent solver asked me to specify the time interval for the output and the final time of the simulation.
In my model I need to use a very small time interval in order to show the Brownian force effects….so I need to use too many intervals and Comsol gives me an error because they are too much.
Can I resolve this thing? How?

Furthermore, is it possible, rather than specify the ending time of simulation, to require to the solver to calculate until all the particles reach one of the specified wall (the grains inside the domain or one of the domain boundary) in order to end the simulation without particles suspended in the fluid flow?

Thanks for your help,

Francesca Messina

0 Replies Last Post 4 giu 2012, 04:16 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesca Messina

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.