Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Construct Mesh

Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,
I am trying to simulate the heat transfer in fluid (Exhaust Manifold), to see how hot exhaust gases comes in the tube and lead out by decreasing temperature.
For this phenomenon, I need to construct Mesh so the process will follow step by step.
Please if someone can help me, it will be greatfull !
Thanks

--
A. Fopah Lele

1 Reply Last Post 4 giu 2012, 01:43 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 giu 2012, 01:43 GMT-4
Hi

mostly I notice that for simple (and sometimes complex) geometries COMSOl default mesh is quite OK.

But be aware that in CFD you need quite a lot of RAM as the mesh density is high to resolve the phenomena.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi mostly I notice that for simple (and sometimes complex) geometries COMSOl default mesh is quite OK. But be aware that in CFD you need quite a lot of RAM as the mesh density is high to resolve the phenomena. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.