Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Permanent magnet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

In fact it is a similar model to the one in the model gallery: www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/2014/
The only difference is that iron cores have a circular shape as show in the attached images. I will give you all the details of the model:
the rotating disk(Copper) has a radius dr = 10[cm] and thichkness dt = 1[cm]
1. Firstly I defined a sphere with radius 3*dr in order to define the air space
2. Then, I defined the rotating disk (the red internal smaller disk)
3. I defined the two cylindrical irons
4. I defined the Magnet(the red external cylinder) and I selected Remanent flux density in Ampère's Law and Current Conservation: Br = (0 0 mB) mB = 1[T].
So my model is almost the same model of the one in the gallery just I have changed the the shape of the part of the disk where I want to apply the permanent magnetic field in order to make the problem axisymmetric: In the model gallery the magnetic filed Br is applied in a square part of the disc and in my model Br is applied in a circular part of the disk and this why I have changed the geometry of iron cores. Unfortunately I get the error: Last time step is not converged.

N.B: I am not using RMM physics because the Br(applied permanent magnet is static).

Thanks for answering.

Best regards.
John J

0 Replies Last Post 3 giu 2012, 12:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John J

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.