Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can't edit equation system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all

I'm trying to modify some terms in equation system. I can input expressions I need. However, they automatically change to some strange expressions when I go back to check them after leaving the page. These automatically generated expressions are not the default ones either. Many redundant items and parentheses appear, such as ((((Jy)+(emw.Jiy))+(emw.Jdy))+(emw.Jiy))+(emw.Jdy).

Does anyone know how I can stop this strange thing?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 3 giu 2012, 03:17 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 giu 2012, 03:17 GMT-4
Feedback

I finally get around the problem, but still don't know why this happens.

For example, the default expression is Expr. What I'm trying to input is Expr1 + Expr. If I input Expr1 + Expr, later when I come back to the equation system edit page, they will become something like (Expr1 + Expr) + Expr. Then I just input Expr1, it automatically changes to (Expr1) + Expr, which is the correct one.

However, this trick does not work for an arbitrary expression.
Feedback I finally get around the problem, but still don't know why this happens. For example, the default expression is Expr. What I'm trying to input is Expr1 + Expr. If I input Expr1 + Expr, later when I come back to the equation system edit page, they will become something like (Expr1 + Expr) + Expr. Then I just input Expr1, it automatically changes to (Expr1) + Expr, which is the correct one. However, this trick does not work for an arbitrary expression.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.