Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

changes in interpolation function values

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all..

i just defined some values under t and f(t) columns in the interpolation function...

i have 800 values under the column t and f(t)
i want to do
f(t)=f(t)+200

how to read f(t) values and use them to assign for other variables

i tried but failed to get ..

thanks in advance

4 Replies Last Post 3 mag 2012, 11:27 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 mag 2012, 06:00 GMT-4
Hi

have you tried to define an analytial function (an1() or whatever) with argument "t" and expression f(t)+200 and then ?call an1()

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to define an analytial function (an1() or whatever) with argument "t" and expression f(t)+200 and then ?call an1() -- Good luck Ivar

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 mag 2012, 10:15 GMT-4
dear sir..

i have the interpolation function with t and f(t) defiened..

t f(t)
1 200.666
2 100..78
300 24.55

now i have to add 200 to each value of f(t)...
t f(t)
1 200.676+200
2 100+200

i tried wid analytical functions..but failed again
dear sir.. i have the interpolation function with t and f(t) defiened.. t f(t) 1 200.666 2 100..78 ... .. .. 300 24.55 now i have to add 200 to each value of f(t)... t f(t) 1 200.676+200 2 100+200 .. . i tried wid analytical functions..but failed again

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 mag 2012, 10:43 GMT-4
Hi

that has to work, I use it regularly.

So I assume you have another typo wrong somewhere, but its impossble for us to understand what it could be just like that ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that has to work, I use it regularly. So I assume you have another typo wrong somewhere, but its impossble for us to understand what it could be just like that ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 mag 2012, 11:27 GMT-4
thanks for the reply..

i solved it ..
i use the wrong definitions..its my mistake
thanks
thanks for the reply.. i solved it .. i use the wrong definitions..its my mistake thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.