Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Circular Variable Dependency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

in one of my materials I want to have conductivity which is dependent on the current density. However, when I use

sigme=(1e10)*(1e8[A/m^2]/mf.normJ)^(-10)[S/m]

I get a 'Circular Variable Dependency error detected: Variable: mod1.mf.normJ'.

normJ is defined through Ji and Je, and Je has a dependency on sigma (sigma*dA/dt + curl(B/mu0mur) ).

So how can it be done?

thanks,
Shoval

1 Reply Last Post 16 apr 2012, 11:52 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 apr 2012, 11:52 GMT-4
Well I asked support via e-mail and I was told that comsol should have no problem computing such things. So there must be something that can be done.

so I have no attached my model, without the mesh to make it small enough to post; can anyone recreated the mesh and help me here?

How to create the mesh:
Mesh1>

Size- General physics, predefined normal
Free tetrahedral x3

one for domain 4 with >size>Maximum element size 0.003 minimum element size 0.0006
one for domains 1,3,5, >size>predefined coarse
one for domains 2,6 with >size>predefined extra coarse

the meshing should work, and have 2 warnings.

help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shoval
Well I asked support via e-mail and I was told that comsol should have no problem computing such things. So there must be something that can be done. so I have no attached my model, without the mesh to make it small enough to post; can anyone recreated the mesh and help me here? How to create the mesh: Mesh1> Size- General physics, predefined normal Free tetrahedral x3 one for domain 4 with >size>Maximum element size 0.003 minimum element size 0.0006 one for domains 1,3,5, >size>predefined coarse one for domains 2,6 with >size>predefined extra coarse the meshing should work, and have 2 warnings. help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shoval

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.