Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set Piezoelectricity so the euler polling angles would always be normal to the terminal face?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm currently working on a piezoelectric model in the acoustic frequency domain (attached picture). The model consists of phased piezo transducers at semi-random varying angles. The problem is the ueler angles of the piezo material is fixed to the general coordinate system, hence piezo polling does not allign with the geometrical shape. Is there a simple way to apply different polling angles such as associating it to be normal to a face?

Thank you!

Ignas

1 Reply Last Post 21 nov 2020, 12:25 GMT-5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 21 nov 2020, 12:25 GMT-5
  1. For each rotated transducer define a rotated coordinate system under Definitions > Coordinate Systems > Rotated Coordinate System
  2. Apply the coordinate system to transducer N under Piezoelectric Material N > Coordinate System Selection.

I recommend doing a test simulation on one transducer to confirm that you have implemented the rotation correctly.

1. For each rotated transducer define a rotated coordinate system under Definitions > Coordinate Systems > Rotated Coordinate System 2. Apply the coordinate system to transducer N under Piezoelectric Material N > Coordinate System Selection. I recommend doing a test simulation on one transducer to confirm that you have implemented the rotation correctly.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.