Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting materials and boundaries for complex structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am simulating the heat transfer in a via array which has 144 vias. My final geometry has 867 Geometric Entities (Material tab) and over 4000 Boudaries that can be selected. I know this might be a basic question, but how can I have an easier time setting the materials and boundaries?

You have the file attached to this post. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 27 ott 2020, 03:07 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 27 ott 2020, 03:07 GMT-4

Creating named selections at the same time as you create the objects in the geometry sequence can be useful here. Use the section Selection of Resulting Entities in the various geometry nodes.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Creating named selections at the same time as you create the objects in the geometry sequence can be useful here. Use the section *Selection of Resulting Entities* in the various geometry nodes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.