Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Repetitive nanosecond pulsed plasma

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Can I model Nanosecond pulsed plasma with Comsol 5.2a? If yes, any useful materials?

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 29 giu 2020, 18:12 GMT-4

Posted: 4 years ago 10 giu 2020, 04:31 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 10 giu 2020, 04:31 GMT-4

Theoretically, it is possible even with a highly complicated kinetic model. However, in my experience, converging is very hard. If your model is quite simple, you may use 'plasma , time periodic' module in Plasma interface

goodluck

Theoretically, it is possible even with a highly complicated kinetic model. However, in my experience, converging is very hard. If your model is quite simple, you may use 'plasma , time periodic' module in Plasma interface goodluck

Posted: 4 years ago 29 giu 2020, 18:12 GMT-4

Theoretically, it is possible even with a highly complicated kinetic model. However, in my experience, converging is very hard. If your model is quite simple, you may use 'plasma , time periodic' module in Plasma interface

goodluck

Yes the solution is not converging and my model is not simple i guess.

I have imported an external CR circuit (.cir) to produce nanosecond voltage and also I am using plasma interfce. I have attached the electrical circuit. Does anything else is needed to connect two interfaces ( I have defined a metal contact as the discharge component and the ground under the plasma interface).

I am getting several errors and the model in not converging. Can you guide me please.

ERROR:

Attempt to evaluate real square root of negative number. - Function: sqrt Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.nue_th - Defined as: sqrt((comp1.plas.Te(e_const8))/(pime_const)) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.ne_bnd - Defined as: (((-0.5)comp1.plas.nue_th)comp1.plas.ne)+comp1.plas.sflux Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.nJe - Defined as: e_constcomp1.plas.ne_bnd Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: (((-comp1.plas.nJt)-comp1.plas.nJe)-(comp1.plas.nxcomp1.plas.Jdx))comp1.plas.A Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.plas.intmct1((((-comp1.plas.nJt)-comp1.plas.nJe)-(comp1.plas.nxcomp1.plas.Jdx))comp1.plas.A) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.I_1 - Defined as: comp1.plas.intmct1((((-comp1.plas.nJt)-comp1.plas.nJe)-(comp1.plas.nxcomp1.plas.Jdx))comp1.plas.A) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d(-comp1.plas.I_1test(comp1.plas.mct1.V0e_1),{test@1}) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: -comp1.plas.I_1test(comp1.plas.mct1.V0e_1

>Theoretically, it is possible even with a highly complicated kinetic model. >However, in my experience, converging is very hard. >If your model is quite simple, you may use 'plasma , time periodic' module in Plasma interface > >goodluck Yes the solution is not converging and my model is not simple i guess. I have imported an external CR circuit (.cir) to produce nanosecond voltage and also I am using plasma interfce. I have attached the electrical circuit. Does anything else is needed to connect two interfaces ( I have defined a metal contact as the discharge component and the ground under the plasma interface). I am getting several errors and the model in not converging. Can you guide me please. ERROR: Attempt to evaluate real square root of negative number. - Function: sqrt Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.nue_th - Defined as: sqrt((comp1.plas.Te(e_const8))/(pime_const)) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.ne_bnd - Defined as: (((-0.5)comp1.plas.nue_th)comp1.plas.ne)+comp1.plas.sflux Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.nJe - Defined as: e_constcomp1.plas.ne_bnd Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: (((-comp1.plas.nJt)-comp1.plas.nJe)-(comp1.plas.nxcomp1.plas.Jdx))comp1.plas.A Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.plas.intmct1((((-comp1.plas.nJt)-comp1.plas.nJe)-(comp1.plas.nxcomp1.plas.Jdx))comp1.plas.A) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.plas.I_1 - Defined as: comp1.plas.intmct1((((-comp1.plas.nJt)-comp1.plas.nJe)-(comp1.plas.nxcomp1.plas.Jdx))comp1.plas.A) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d(-comp1.plas.I_1test(comp1.plas.mct1.V0e_1),{test@1}) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: -comp1.plas.I_1test(comp1.plas.mct1.V0e_1

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.