Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Condition Based Boundary Source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was trying to develop a process model in Heat transfer module (2d). I have curve boundary and a heat source has to be applied on certain portion of the curve . I selected the complete curve in Boundary heat source , and gave such an expression in the heat source tab

(x<50)*(x>10)*Heat source value

I was assuming that the source will be applied only in the portion where x>10 and x<50. But observed that the source is acting on the complete curve. Tried the same with if condition, and the output is same.

Can anyone please consider Thanks a lot, Stay safe

1 Reply Last Post 27 mag 2020, 14:02 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 27 mag 2020, 14:02 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 27 mag 2020, 15:13 GMT-4

Hello Aswin,

That seems odd. My initial guess would be that perhaps you meant to type something like instead of or something along those lines. Another possibility is that perhaps you meant to type . If neither is the issue, please consider posting your .mph file so other users of this Discussion Forum can take a look.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Aswin, That seems odd. My initial guess would be that perhaps you meant to type something like (x10[mm]) instead of (x10) or something along those lines. Another possibility is that perhaps you meant to type (X10). If neither is the issue, please consider posting your .mph file so other users of this Discussion Forum can take a look. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.