Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

beginner_heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have the honor to join you all the members of COMSOL forum, I am a beginner.

please I am very intersted to discover and use COMSOL. If someone can tell me about some simple problem (examples) with correction and guide or help to do them.

subject: heat transfer

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 4 feb 2012, 15:30 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 feb 2012, 15:30 GMT-5
Hi

start by reading the doc USers manual, + HT perform the exercices described in the doc, check the tutorials on the main web site, and study in detail the examples (start simple) from the model library under COSMOL multiphysics HT than under HT (specific module) read the pdf files, perform the step by step exercices, and then compare to the model, you will se within a few weks you will be an expert ;)

Main approach start simple, use the default settigs to start with, increase gradually the difficulty wit time, if you jump straight into a NITF fluid/HT echange problem I bet you will quickly get lost and rather frustrated, but after a wek or two you will have no problems with even the complex mixed physics interfaces

--
Good luck and Have fun Comsoling, nothing better to "learn" physics
Ivar
Hi start by reading the doc USers manual, + HT perform the exercices described in the doc, check the tutorials on the main web site, and study in detail the examples (start simple) from the model library under COSMOL multiphysics HT than under HT (specific module) read the pdf files, perform the step by step exercices, and then compare to the model, you will se within a few weks you will be an expert ;) Main approach start simple, use the default settigs to start with, increase gradually the difficulty wit time, if you jump straight into a NITF fluid/HT echange problem I bet you will quickly get lost and rather frustrated, but after a wek or two you will have no problems with even the complex mixed physics interfaces -- Good luck and Have fun Comsoling, nothing better to "learn" physics Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.